Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: OT. Early Heathkit Amps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    OT. Early Heathkit Amps

    http://dalmura.com.au/projects/VTV02%20extract.pdf

    Still looking for a similar article on the 'Altec' speakers.
    Opinion is only as valid as its verifiable supporting evidence.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Re: OT. Early Heathkit Amps

    I have 2 pairs of the W5M amps. I got them all for free. Now they command high bucks.
    I modified mine to DHT 6B4G output tubes. Basically an octal 2A3 with a 6.3v Filament.
    The Peerless output transformers are some of the best ever made.
    Cool article, I remember that from VTV.
    Thanks!

    Ron
    Enjoying Altec Speakers since 1972

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28222319 times.